- Duration: 4 days
- Available: Any time from November 15 – March 15
- Difficult: In shape
- Frequency: By reservation
- Cost: US $1,500
- Reservation Cost: US $900 per person
- Space Available / Trip: 6 persons (minimum 4 clients)
The trek to Plaza Francia, the base of the south face of Mount Aconcagua is a spectacular trekking opportunity with a magnificent view of one of the toughest climbs in the world, Aconcagua southern wall. Thousands of mountaineers from all over the world travel to South America each year to try their luck at conquering the continent’s highest peak of 6,959m (22,837 ft).
Day 1 Pick up at Hotel at 7:00 a.m. Transport to Hotel Ayelen located at the Argentine Penitentes Ski Area. In the afternoon we visit the natural hot springs near Puente Del Inca village. Hotel
Day 2. We start our 3-4 hours trek through the Horcones Valley that takes us to our base camp at Confluencia Superior, located at 3,500m (11,483 ft) above sea level where we set up camp next to the Colorado River. We spend the afternoon resting and acclimatizing to the altitude and air pressure. That evening we enjoy a cookout of delicious Argentinean beef shared with our arrieros (mule drivers). Tent
Day 3. We start our trek to the base of the south face early in the morning, in an approximately 4 to 6 hour trek. At Plaza Francia we see the south face of Aconcagua in its entire splendor, a view we enjoy with a picnic lunch, returning to base camp in time to enjoy a hearty supper. Tent
Day 4. We trek down to the Park Rangers station, where transport awaits us to take us to Hotel Mendoza to reach the comfort of this beautiful Argentinean city and meet later for our group dinner at a super local restaurant with all the guides and assistants. End of services.
- Professional Bilingual Trekking Guide
- Ratio Guide Clients 1:6
- All local organization and supervision by Aconcagua Express Expeditions staff
- Private transportation
- Two hotel nights in Mendoza, double occupancy with breakfast, at Hyatt Regency Hotel, Sheraton or Diplomat hotel.
- All meals during the trek
- Expedition common equipment
- Radio communication VHF 2 mt
- First aid kit
Services not included
- Mandatory Rescue Insurance.
- Aconcagua National Park entrance fee
- All personal trekking equipment gear
- Porter for personal gear.
- Any cost involves in an early departure.
- Any meals and drinks (soda, beer or wine) in Mendoza.
- Arrival and final dinner.
- Cancellation, accident and rescue insurance
- Cash for extra expenses
- Gratuities are not included.
- Any other service not mentioned in the list.
- All itineraries are subject to change due to changes in the weather, individual’s acclimatization rates and the guide’s preferences.
- Any departure dates can be re-scheduled with a minimum of 6 persons.