- Duration: 7 days.
- Difficulty: Participants must be in good shape
- Space Available / Trip: 6 people
- Departures: October to April (AET1)
- Expedition Cost: US $4,800 per person
- Other Costs: Hotel single supplement: US $500, Private Porter: $450 / person, Deposit Cost: US $900
- Payment Balance Due: 180 days prior departure
With awe-inspiring scenery including stunning views of the dramatic Cordillera del Paine, magnificent glaciers, dense Magellanic forest teeming with bird and animal life, and rainbow-coloured lakes scattered with floating icebergs, this outstanding tour takes you to the highlights of the Torres del Paine National Park, one of the wildest places on the planet. Starting out from the edge of the Grey Glacier, you’ll walk along the shore of Lake Grey up the beautiful Frances Valley. Bordering Lake Nordenskjöld towards the north, you’ll then ascend the Ascencio River Valley, arriving on the dramatic final day of the trek to the base of the three Torres that gave this extraordinary Park its name. On the second day of our trip, there is time for an optional trekking and climbing session on the Southern Ice Cap, one of the world’s biggest glaciers.
Day 1 Punta Arenas – Puerto Natales. An AE Expedition Guide will meet you at the airport in Punta Arenas, the largest, most southern city in the world, located on the famous Strait of Magellan. You’ll be transferred to Puerto Natales, a centre for Patagonian tourism located on the eastern shore of the Seno Ultima Esperanza, a three-hour drive across the pampa. We’ll settle into the Indigo Hotel, have a rest, and then meet to overview the trip program. Dinner and overnight at our Hotel.
Transfer distance 152 miles – 246 km / Transfer time 3 hours / Hotel
Day 2 Puerto Natales – Hostería Lago Grey – Camp Grey. Transfer by van to Torres del Paine National Park. This 2.5-hour journey through ranching country includes a quick stop in Cerro Castillo, a hamlet east of the Park that is built on a former ‘estancia’, or ranch, which was the principal site of wool and meat exportation to Europe from Chile during the 1960s. We arrive to Hosteria Lago Grey, situated on the southern border of beautiful Lake Grey, where we’ll board a boat to take us across the lake. On our two-hour trip to the Grey camp, we’ll enjoy splendid views of the impressive Grey Glacier. In the afternoon we’ll take a short hike up to two different viewpoints to have a closer look at the glacier and see the Southern Ice Cap.
Transfer distance 85,5 miles – 138 km / Transfer Time 2 ½ hours / Navigation time 3 hours / Trekking distance 1,5 miles – 3 km / Trekking time 2 hours / Refugio Grey.
Day 3 Camp Grey – Camp Pehoe. In the morning, before setting out for Pehoe camp, we have the option to do an easy short trek on the Grey Glacier**—an extraordinary experience! In the afternoon we’ll reach Camp Pehoe following an undemanding three to four-hour hike, with splendid views over Lake Grey and its Glacier.
Trekking distance 6 ¼ miles – 10 km / Trekking time 4 hours / Refugio Paine Grande
Day 4 Camp Pehoe – French Valley – Camp Los Cuernos. This morning we’ll hike up the French Valley, the most beautiful valley in the park and one of the most unique in the world, surrounded as it is by hanging glaciers and an amphitheater of granite walls and spires. We’ll continue our trek to the extraordinary turquoise-coloured Lake Nordenskjold and stop to rest at the delightful Los Cuernos Refuge for dinner. Overnight at Camp Los Cuernos.
Trekking distance 15.8 miles – 26 km / Trekking time 9 hours / Refugio Los Cuernos
Day 5 Camp Los Cuernos – Camp El Chileno. This morning we’ll trek along Lake Nordenskjold, passing below the hanging glaciers on Mount Admiral Nieto. We’ll walk up the lovely Ascencio Valley to the rustic El Chileno Refuge.
Trekking distance 8 ¾ miles – 16 km / Trekking time – 5 hours / Tent
Day 6 Camp El Chileno – Hostería Las Torres – Puerto Natales. This is our last morning on the circuit. We’ll hike up to the base of the three spectacular granite Torres or Towers that are the centerpiece of the Park. These are Torre D`Agostini (2,850m), also known as Torre Sur, Torre Central (2,800m), and Torre Norte (2,600m), also called Torre Monzino. On our way down to the Hosteria Las Torres, we’ll make a stop at El Chileno Refuge to have lunch, rest, and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the Ascensio valley. From Hosteria Las Torres our private transport will take us back to the incredible Singular hotel at Puerto Boris outside Puerto Natales. Dinner and overnight at our hotel.
Trekking distance 7.3 miles – 12 km / Trekking time 6 hours / Transfer distance 85,5 miles – 138 km / Transfer time 2 ½ hours. Hotel Singular
Day 7 Puerto Natales – Punta Arenas. You’ll be transferred to the Punta Arenas airport to catch your flight. And the Torres del Paine National Park Highlights—The W Circuit comes to an end!
Transfer distance 152 miles – 246 km / Transfer time 3 hours.
- Professional Bilingual Trekking Guide.
- Ratio Guide to Clients: 1-6.
- All local organization and supervision by AEExpeditions staff.
- Airport assistance at Punta Arenas.
- Private transfers during the entire tour including airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Two nights in a Hotel based on double occupancy with breakfast, in Puerto Natales.
- Entry fee to Torres del Paine National Park.
- Camping fees.
- Full board on the trekking and camping days, box lunch included.
- Top-level climbing and camping equipment: The North Face, Mountain Hardware and Marmot tents, isolate mattresses, stoves and Gaz.
- Porters for carrying common equipment (tents only).
- Radio communications equipment, VHF 2 mt.
- First aid kit.
Services not included
- All personal climbing equipment.
- Porter for personal gear.
- Any costs involved in an early or late departure.
- Any drinks (soda, beer, or wine) in the cities and during transfer days.
- Cancellation, accident, and rescue insurance.
- Cash for extra expenses.
- Any other service not mentioned above.
- All itineraries are subject to change due to changes in the weather, group dynamics, and the guide’s criteria.
- Any departure can be re-scheduled with a minimum of 6 persons.
- A service for a Private Porter to be shared between two expedition members (carrying 10kg each) is available upon request at an additional cost.
- ** Cost for Walking and Climbing on the Southern Ice Cap, US $ 100 per person.
- AE Expeditions reserves the right to upgrade the tour by using huts instead of camps each night, at NO additional cost.